Mother’s Day; that time of year where we’re inundated with messages to buy anything and everything that’s floral, pink or cooking-related.
But what about those that don’t fit this stereotypical view of what it means to be a Mum? No matter what type of relationship you have with your Mum, or any other female figure, we hope to help you show your appreciation in an impactful way.
How about these weird and wonderful things:
- Candles made out of wine bottles. Mojo make these in Bowral, and have made a limited edition scent for Mother’s Day - “Shanghai blossom”.
- Chocolates made by Three Michelin Star chocolatier, Catherine. We’ve just received special Mother’s Day packs, with delicious lychee, raspberry & rose hearts.
- Conditioning body cream by Hunter Lab. Natural nutrient rich moisturisers with a subtle linen scent and notes of citrus, mint and jasmine. The gorgeous tubs and packaging are even made out of recycled plastic!
- Cashmere wrap. Made from mother nature’s finest - 100% cashmere. These will keep you warm, and warm your heart knowing that your purchase supports a range of charities.
- Coffee cups. There’s a choice between KeepCups or beautiful ceramic cups that are made on the Gold Coast, but all Melbournian coffee lovers will appreciate these. Say goodbye to plastic takeaway cups and hello to your own beautiful cup that you can use everyday!
- Coasters, placemats and earrings made out of recycled aeroplane tyres. Lauren makes these in vibrant Fitzroy and you can use your creativity to make different shapes and patterns.
- Clocks made out of bicycle chains. Em and Ivan are bicycle lovers and make these quirky goods not far from Melbourne.
Hmm. It all sounds good, but I have a few questions...
My mum has enough “things”. What can I do?
Everyone loves a handwritten card that shows you put time and thought into them. But we all know that cards often end up in the bin. So, how about a seed card that your mum can plant after reading, and enjoy homegrown herbs! Check out these incredible cards made in Werribee.
I can’t make it into the store, but want to send my delivery within Melbourne. Will it arrive by Mother’s Day?
We’ve got your back. We guarantee your delivery will arrive on or before Mother’s Day as long as you shop before Sunday (Mother’s Day).
My mum doesn’t live in Melbourne. What can I do?
Don’t you worry about that. We deliver to other parts of Australia so no one misses out.
Lastly, thank YOU. For every purchase, you’re helping donate a meal to the homeless through SecondBite (as well as put a smile on your Mum’s face - winning!).
Come to our store in Richmond or give us a call, and we’ll be more than happy to talk through finding the right gift for your mum.
The team at Pookipoiga