It’s that time of the year again! How does Christmas manage to sneak up on us so quickly every year? Don’t worry, we’re getting in kind of early, throwing a little party to get you into the Christmas spirit, just so that you can stroll right up to Christmas, better prepared than anyone you know.
There will be homemade delicacies, non alcoholic punch (we cater for all dietary requirements),along with the famous housemade sangria and wine by donation.
Take the stress out of your gift shopping by doing so with a glass of sangria in hand.You don't even need to stress about wrapping because our local artists, Ruby MacKinnon and Paul Van Wessam have got you covered! They will illustrate and pun-ify your gifts without a second thought. Surely there's no better way to spend a Thursday evening. If you are still not convinced, there will be door prizes too, to qualify, RSVP using Facebook events here or through Eventbrite here
With love from all of us at Pookipoiga
PS: All funds raised on the night will be doubled and distributed to the following charities as we are supporting the Christmas crowd funding campaign championed by the incredible Inner North Community Foundation!:
- Free to Feed, that showcase the culinary talents & entrepreneurial spirit of people seeking asylum & refugees.
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, that provides aid, justice and empowerment programs to over 1000 asylum seekers living in the community seeking refugee protection
- Foundation House, that provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries
- Koorie Tiddas Youth Choir (VACCA): offers opportunities for Aboriginal girls and young women to participate in positive, fulfilling and creative after-school activities, under the musical direction of singer songwriter Monica Weightman.
- Women’s Health in the North works to eliminate gender inequities and improve outcomes in women's health, safety and wellbeing.
- Lighthouse Foundation provides homeless young people not just with a house but a home and tailored therapeutic care