We did it! We have been open for two years, whilst continuing to spread our goodness like the plague. Through our small actions, we are making a big difference, touching many lives, especially when retail is a tough gig. We can't show our gratitude enough to all the people who have worked together with us, including the artist, brands and the people who thoughtfully support POOKIPOIGA. While the biggest impact we make is through the avoidance of reusable things making their way into landfill and helping people to live as naturally as possible, some of the small impacts we have helped to make happen are:
- Donating over 12,500 meals (and counting!!) to our homeless through OzHarvest and Secondbite, all while fighting food waste;
- Nearly 3000 trees have been planted in Australia and Kenya through Trees For the Future (through brands like One Happy Leaf, Conscious Step AND Eco Bling);
- 1200 days of HIV treatment provided through UNAIDS (Conscious Step);
- Over 700 books have been given to children in need through Room to Read (Frank Stationery and Conscious Step);
- The provision of 126,000 days of clean water through water.org (Conscious Step); and
- 1,320 Therapeutic Food Packs through Action Against Hunger (Conscious step).
We have also raised nearly $2,000 for One Voice (with the help of Nine Yaks) to help them to provide the homeless with free showers, laundry facilities and hygienic products. One Voice also makes sure that young vulnerable people are provided with a 'hand up, not a handout' - their vision is to restore peoples' dignity and hope, providing practical human services and opportunities for a better future.