50 Wedding Message Ideas For A Card
Giving the newlyweds thoughtful wedding gifts is always a lovely idea and a customary gesture. However sending a heartfelt note along with your present will make them feel even more appreciated.
This said, wishing on social media is convenient and easy, but will it bring that personal connection when compared to cards?
What to write in a wedding card?
Here is a list of beautiful, funny, and unusual wedding card messages you can pen down for that close friend or well acquainted or near and dear couple who will be or have recently tied the knot!
Funny Wedding Wishes for a friend, colleague or family member
A close friend or colleague or brother, sister, cousin with whom you always share jokes? Lighten up their D-day with some sarcasm and humor with these funny messages!
- “One piece of practical advice: Be nice to each other, it’s the best way to survive!”
- "Thanks for inviting me to eat – till my tummy almost burst, drink – like a fish, and dance -till my heals hurt all while you get married. Congrats!"
- “That fortune teller was right. You did meet the man/woman of your dreams - except that he/she is way beyond your dreams!”
- “Thanks for the booze, it meant a lot! Happy wedding!”
- “Best wishes on a crazy roller-coaster ride we call marriage!”
- “Best tip for a healthy, happy marriage? Lots and lots of humour!”
- “When two souls become one, so does the remote, bed and bathroom!”
- “I remember you made a list of qualities of a ‘perfect man/woman’. I am glad yours came true, but I am not sure if hers/his did!”
- “The end result is always better when you build up the skill of actively ignoring the little things that annoy you!” Have a happy, peaceful married life!!
- “As your love grows, so will be your level of tolerance!” Happy marriage”
- “At last, you’ve found someone to laugh at your silly jokes. Congratulations on finding your type my dear friend!”
- “A new beginning to adjustments and sacrifices and an end to the glorious bachelorhood! All the very best!”
- “Marriage is like a Shakespearean play – one filled with romance, comedy, tragedy and all things in between. Congratulations on your wedding!”
- “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” – Henny Youngman
- “Being married is like any other routine job; can benefit and help if you like your boss.”
- “Remember, in order to have a successful marriage, you must fall in love many times and always with the same person.”
- “Best of luck to your new spouse. He/she don’t know what he/she getting into. Thankfully, he/she loves you unconditionally!”
For more check out some humour filled cards from Able and Game!
Formal Wedding Wishes
A distant cousin or a long lost friend? A new co-worker or a couple you respect a lot? Someone who you are not so close with but want to convey your wishes in the most elegant and formal way - here are some classical ways to word your wishes:
- "Congratulations of your wedding. May the years ahead be filled with love and happiness.”
- “Here’s to a lifetime filled with happiness and love.”
- "Wishing you happiness, love, and joy on your wedding day."
- "May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy."
- “Thank you for inviting us to be part of your special day. We wish you all the happiness in the world.”
- “May the love you share today grow stronger every passing year”
- "Wishing you love and happiness on your wedding day and as you begin your new life together."
- "Best wishes on this wonderful journey filled with love and happiness”
- “A wonderful beginning of your next chapter. Wishing you the best.”
- “We/I wish you all the best as you embark on this wonderful union."
- “May this beautiful union bring more joy than you can ever imagine.”
- "Here's to a long, happy life with the one you love. Wishing you all the very best."
- “May the love and happiness shine and grow. Wishing you well.”
- “Wishing you well as you embark on this next glorious chapter of life!”
- Wishing you a journey filled with laughter, joy and love in the years to come.”
- We/I wish that boundless love and happiness remains through your whole life. Best wishes on you wedding”
- “Honoured to spend this happy occasion with you and your family. Congratulations.”
Sentimental Wedding Wishes
Wedding can be an emotional and overwhelming time, especially if it’s of someone in the family or a dear friend you grew up with. Pour your heart out with these beautiful sentimental wedding wishes!
- “Congratulations on your wedding dear son/daughter! It’s not an easy road, but with each other, marriage will be the best thing you’ve ever done.”
- "We've had so many laughs together as a family! May you always make each other laugh!"
- "May you bring each other as much joy and happiness as your friendship has brought to my life—and more!"
- "Congratulations to a wonderful friend/brother/sister and his/her new husband/wife."
- "Today I gain a new brother/sister and I couldn't be happier! Love you both :)"
"We are/I am so thrilled to welcome a new son/daughter to the family."
- "Son/daughter/brother/sister, I/we feel many emotions on this day. Most of all, I'm/we're happy you've found someone wonderful to share your life with. Best wishes to you both."
- “I can’t think of two people who deserve truelove and happiness more than both of you. Warmest congratulations to a very special couple!”
- “My very best wishes to you on your wedding day, my dear friend/friends. I hope that your life to follow with be filled with love and unending joy.”
- “May love always rain on your marriage, my dear son/daughter. Congratulations!”
- “Of all the big events we have celebrated over the years, this wedding tops the list! Congrats to the beautiful couple.”
- “Sending you love and hugs, from your new family. Super excited to welcome you!”
"Your sweetest dream has come true. Never forget what this feels like. Best wishes!"
- Wishing you the best of all this world can give! You both truly deserve it. Congratulations on your wedding!”
- “Remember when you made that list of qualities of a ‘perfect life partner?’ Well, you found him/her. Lots of love now and always.”
- “It seems like yesterday we were playing ‘house’ in the backyard, and now you get to do it in real life. I couldn’t be happier for you both. Congratulations!”
- “As you take this big step, know that you have my love and support today and always.”
In Need Of A Wedding Card? We’ve Got You Covered!
For some great designs that are all handmade and hand-illustrated browse through our Wedding and Anniversary Card collection.
Looking For A Gift As Well?
To go with your card, shop the best sustainable and eco-friendly wedding gifts from our featured Wedding Gifts collection!